Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.50 BMG William Tell (video)

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by g.i. joe, Nov 4, 2010.

1. g.i. joe

g.i. joe Portland Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvXam499yI

Has anyone seen this yet? If its real, and I believe it is. Where do I start with the list of wrongs?!!!? Says he is a "professional" and the video starts with a disclaimer that this stunt was done under the supervision of professionals. Professional Idiots maybe? Also, check out the comments on this video by the 99% sampling of American youth culture. Frightening, they all think its cool with no understanding of the way a true professional handles a firearm.

2. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

3. g.i. joe

I understand his other stuff is SFX, and its obvious. But what in this vid indicates SFX?

4. spengo

Common sense. The fact that shooting a watermelon off someone's head is a very bad idea indicates it. At best the shot is real and they shot the sequence twice, once for the guy firing a real gun and once for a guy standing with a watermelon on his head, then did a video overlay and made it look like it was the same shot. Also, why would a guy who specializes in special effects and has a bunch of videos that are entirely special effects do something with a real firearm (something incredibly dangerous to boot).

5. g.i. joe

good point

6. g.i. joe

but I still cant see the flaw, like his other vids

7. spengo

He also lives in L.A.

Not a lot of access to those .50BMG heat seeking sniper assault baby killers there. :)

8. Sandman86

Sandman86 Portland Member

If its on the internet, it must be true.

9. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

M-80 in the melon.
    No fancy SFX needed.

10. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Did anybody who watched the video read the video description. Says it was a 200 yd shot. Looks like a whole lot less than 200 feet to me, but I didn't make the video and I don't know where the camera was.

11. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

My son showed this video to me last night...and I thought it was WRONG on so many levels. It actually disturbed me a bit, as I've done stupid things in the past and they linger..
    http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/off-topic/41747-johnny-cash-i-hung-my-head.html
    We checked out his other videos, and saw a really crafty one, a bar scene shoot 'em up, where he was every character played, and that eased my mind that the William Tell vid was a 'bit', and nobody was in danger.
    The young fella created a stir...no publicity is bad publicity when you're trying to get your name out there. He got my attention.
    Mark

12. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

Watch the shot and the melon, seems like the melon blows just prior to when you think it should, does not look quite right at that point.

13. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

The bullet is still seated in the casing when the kid ejects it, you can see it in the last few seconds of the vid.

14. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Unlike the .50 cal. vid, I think this one IS real. THis has been around for a while.

YouTube - 9mm Bullet Pwn

Keith

15. WeaponOutfitters

WeaponOutfitters Seattle New Member