JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I figure I have to prioritize my 'wish-list' since we are now an obama-nation.
I figure that the 50 bmg, and those nasty assault weapons that jump off the shelf and kill people will be the fist on his hit list.
(after he fixes our financial crisis)
That to say that I'm looking at a way to get a 50 bmg for somewhere under the price tag of what I really want which is the Barett 50 (who doesn't want one, huh?)
I'm considering one of the conversion kits that uses a AR lower.
There is a ton of companies out there that make single shot 50's but for some reason this one kinda popped out at me.

<broken link removed>

They seem to have a better muzzle brake than some (more like the Barret style) and are also guaranteeing 1 moa or less on their setup.

Does anyone have experience with or own fifties?
I am totally open to suggestions/recommendations, any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I would stick with getting a real .50 rather than a AR conversion, to me the whole idea seems hokey. Plus for the price, you can get a decent single shot .50

A great single shot to look into would be a LAR grizzly. I saw one floating around the show for $1700 used, and they should be around $2100 new.

I would stick with getting a real .50 rather than a AR conversion, to me the whole idea seems hokey. Plus for the price, you can get a decent single shot .50

A great single shot to look into would be a LAR grizzly. I saw one floating around the show for $1700 used, and they should be around $2100 new.

It does seem a bit hokey to me as well, but this particular company looks like they've done a fairly good job of it...i don't know

I've looked at the Grizzlys and even checked them out at the gun show, but they really don't say anything about accuracy on their website.
I want a fifty that I can take a 500 or 1000 yard shot with, not just a fifty to have one.
Do you know about the accuracy of the Grizzly? Obviously the price point is good...
Another one I'm looking at it the ArmaLite 50, they are claiming sub moa groups on their site...

Thanks!

Do you know about the accuracy of the Grizzly? Obviously the price point is good...
Another one I'm looking at it the ArmaLite 50, they are claiming sub moa groups on their site...
Thanks!

A lot of companies claim accuracy, but to repeat it yourself is another thing. Are you capable of shooting a smaller caliber gun at 1000 yards? Thats one thing to look into, for long range shooting its 90&#37; operator, 10% gun.

The armalite guns seem alright, along with the cobb/bushmasters. But in all reality, you get what you pay for. If you want 10" groups at 1000 yards, its going to cost near the price of an econo car. ;)

That being said, I have no experience with 1000 yard .50 bmg shooting, I have heard people talking all over the place about different .50s and their ability to be accurate at long ranges. But most of the time it seems that they are blowing smoke. So YYMV, I would just say go with what you like, and that has generally positive reviews, and MOST important.... what your wallet and wife tell you that you can afford.

Oh for your reference I have a Barrett 99.

Yeah I agree, too many people like to blow too much smoke.

So you have a 99 and haven't taken it out for a 1000 yard shot?!?!?
That would kill me!!!
I would (will) probably fail miserably, but I would love to at least give it a try :)

Oh if it were not for limited funds.... :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top