JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've heard that claims from folks that've served in Afghanistan that the Russian 12.7mm rounds make the best bottle openers. There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere.

Well Randy and I have plenty of 50 BMG ammo to feed our Bohica pets but finding the time to shoot them up where we can really turn them lose at a mile is the hard part. If it's not to hot, cold, windy or whatever else you can think of it can be tough to find the time. I just purchased my wife a bulldozer so we can build horse trails on our land and I'm going to use it to build a longer safe rifle range.

I've cut those open with my Dremil tool and cut off wheel and there is only a little bit of Thermite inbetween the steel penetrator and the copper jacket. It's really got to hit something hard and fast to set it off. Even hitting dirt at 2000' per second won't do the trick. It's also less then a teaspoon in quanty. Not enough to burn through the spoon. I can make them with regular ball ammo but the API rounds look cooler and for some reason I can get them for a better price in quanty. In the long run I wouldn't worry about it one bit. I've got a house full of loaded ammo with those bullets. If someone wants something different it's no problem, just tell me but the API is more cool.

I've cut those open with my Dremil tool and cut off wheel and there is only a little bit of Thermite inbetween the steel penetrator and the copper jacket. It's really got to hit something hard and fast to set it off. Even hitting dirt at 2000' per second won't do the trick. It's also less then a teaspoon in quanty. Not enough to burn through the spoon. I can make them with regular ball ammo but the API rounds look cooler and for some reason I can get them for a better price in quanty. In the long run I wouldn't worry about it one bit. I've got a house full of loaded ammo with those bullets. If someone wants something different it's no problem, just tell me but the API is more cool.
Yeah...I'm kinda familiar with that round.
We used to get judged in anti-mine exercises by the number of rounds taken to sink a 55 gal barrel weighted to float with just the top third sticking out of the water. If you added five gallons of gas and a double handful of soap powder to the water used for ballast, a hit with a single round in the standard 4API1T belt loading would produce spectacular results...and lower the rounds required!!! :s0155:

As a GI I had lots of fun with explosives and shooting stuff the typical Air Force Guy didn't get a chance to mess with. I was friends with the commander of 7th Group Special Forces and he would envite me out to their "range days" when they would shoot everything from suppressed .22 LR up to their 106 recoilless rifle. I was in gun lovers heaven. Then we got to blow up what they didn't want to turn back in.

While Randy was at my house showing me his new 460 Rowland and I was using a 50 BMG chamber hone on his Bohica chamber I got my Foredom tool in. Wow what an improvement over using a Dremel tool that I wore out making the bottle openers. This 1/6 HP should make a big difference in making these. The chuck is a much better chuck then the aftermarket on on my Dremel tool. The Foredom is an amazing tool that should help me get these out without staying up until 2 or 3 am like last night.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top