JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some of you might in fact own .50's and have opinions, and I would be curious what your feedback is on a question a buddy of mine and I were discussing.

This was done only as a hypothetical. I have no strong opinion because I'm sure both offer their own benefits (cost alone being one of those bennies.)

But let's assume money doesn't exist, or there's no price on either. If you had to choose a .50 BMG (anti-personnel/vehicle, target shooting, or just blowing **** up) what kind (semi-auto/bolt action) would you choose and why?

I would have to say Grizzly Big Bore 50 cal single shot. Used this a few times and it is the most accurate 50 I have ever seen. Check them out. It is a bolt action and with this type of weapon if you hit your target you do not need a follow up shot.

Scott

Bolt action. IMO a .50 is designed for precision long distance work (1K yds) so the need to punch off 10 rds quickly doesn't make sense to me. If you miss with the first round, you'll probably have to adjust windage/elevation/etc and in that time throwing a bolt (if you're experienced) only takes a second...

I was tending to argue toward the bolt action vs. semi-auto just from an inherent accuracy perspective. I suppose the discussion even goes more toward bolt action. vs. semi-auto in any caliber. I have more semi-autos than bolt actions in my safe, but both types serve different purposes for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top