JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it's funny when people say the in real life suppressors don't make a gun "hollywood quiet". DUH!! If you made an action movie where the non-suppressed guns were 30-40 decibels louder than a suppressed gun, you'd have serious legal problems since it would render the audience DEAF! Imagine Diehard in the theatre where every shot was 165db.

And it isn't just in the movies. Most authors of action/adventure novels are so gun-dumb that the mere discription of anything weapon related in their books is beyond ludicrous. Most don't know the difference between rifles and shotguns, or revolvers and semi-auto handguns. Sometimes their weapon related descriptions are so funny that the book should be marketed as "humor" at the bookstore. Books written from the 1960's and forward seem to get progressively worse as the general population's meaningful contact with firearms has decreased. Things like, "He quietly slipped the safety off his Smith & Wesson police revolver...", or "He furtively slid his Army Colt 45 Automatic into his sweater pocket before jogging across the busy street to the bar"... or a recent favorite, "Upon returning to his small apartment, he immediately pulled open his dresser drawer to make sure his well oiled automatic was still in it's well oiled leather holster carefully hidden away under his nicely folded and ironed white dress shirts".

Even some well-respected authors:

Larry McMurtry (Lonesome Dove) came down a few notches in my estimation when in one book ("Anything for Billy", I think) he talked about guys cleverly "removng the trigger guard" from their Winchesters to make them faster handling.
On most of my Winchesters, the trigger guard is part of the lever. Somewhat problematic if you want your "fast handling" to apply to a second shot.:s0131:

Mine tumble just sitting in an ammo box. Dang things just won't hold still. :s0114:

Whats weird is that my buddy and I went to sight in our AR's a few weeks ago and the bullets from his bushy seemed to be doing just that. At 100 yards, and after about 10 shots the target looked like it had been hit by a shotgun. The rounds were coming in at all sorts of angles. We couldnt figure out why, he was using standard 55gr ammo with a 1 in 9 barrel. Mine with the same grain ammo and a 1 in 7 twist were hitting just fine.

Whats weird is that my buddy and I went to sight in our AR's a few weeks ago and the bullets from his bushy seemed to be doing just that. At 100 yards, and after about 10 shots the target looked like it had been hit by a shotgun. The rounds were coming in at all sorts of angles. We couldnt figure out why, he was using standard 55gr ammo with a 1 in 9 barrel. Mine with the same grain ammo and a 1 in 7 twist were hitting just fine.

Maybe he put the 7.62x39 upper on by mistake...?:winkkiss:

Keith

Have any of you guys heard of author Jay Kimmell from Portland area. He has numerous books out including a great Savage/Stevens book out. Would anyone have any contact info. on him? Is this the proper place to ask this? Thank you!

Lets not forget that if you fire a round in a basement it will ricochet around the room until it hits you. :s0114: and....

If you throw a round in the fire the bullet will have enough force to penetrate and kill you. :s0114:

Here is your Darwin moment.....used to throw .22's into the fire and the casings would fly/burn through our tents. Probably wouldn't kill anyone, but I'm sure it would've hurt. We weren't always too smart. :(

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top