JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
at least an hour is better than Portland 911 telling you they aren't going to dispatch officers at all

if you note when the homeless person attacked the Barista in a Portland coffee shop yesterday, the neighborhood had to flag a patrol car down

since it wasn't a life threatening incident, they wouldn't dispatch

at least an hour is better than Portland 911 telling you they aren't going to dispatch officers at all

if you note when the homeless person attacked the Barista in a Portland coffee shop yesterday, the neighborhood had to flag a patrol car down

since it wasn't a life threatening incident, they wouldn't dispatch
I just hope most of the people calling 911 and getting no help are the same ones who supported this no cops stuff. Let them enjoy what they begged for.

RE: post #115

Of course training is important.

Aloha, Mark
Didn't click but you could probably say the same thing about police officers here "shooting someone over x".. x being an expired tag, speeding, yada.. because then the shootee needed shooting because of their deadly threat actions.

Each and every case will be/is supposed to be evaluated on its own merits.

Then.....
The amount of outrage is (I suspect) in relation to the deep pockets.

Also.....
Police are seen as an arm of the Government. Besides.....everyone knows that the police are systemically racist. Rrrrrright? Whereas, most security guards are not seen that way.

Don't get me wrong.....loss of life over stupid issues is STUPID.

Aloha, Mark

PS......IMHO, a lot of the issue(s) in the G. Floyd case was not discussed/framed properly. Like: What was Mr Floyd's contribution to the escalation that led to his death? Passing counterfeit money and refusing to come along peacefully during the arrest process?

Yeah.....to ME those issues are important too. But they were ignored.

As a result......more and more people are looking to resist arrest. Maybe/probably hoping for a big payoff should the community threaten unrest.

No Justice. No Peace.

It happened with the police. So, I suspect that it could also repeat if a private security guard was involved. Yeah....ONLY this time maybe over...stealing/shoplifting.

Last Edited:
Didn't click but you could probably say the same thing about police officers here "shooting someone over x".. x being an expired tag, speeding, yada.. because then the shootee needed shooting because of their deadly threat actions.
I took the time to read several articles on this
an armed security guard at a gas station in Memphis shot and killed a person at the gas pumps
I don't see why color matters, but it's being turned into a race issue
the guard was a former police officer, unlicensed as a security guard, carrying a personal firearm, but hired by a small 3rd party security contractor
his application to become a licensed security guard in Tenn had been turned down 2 times due to background checks
the person he shot was a visitor from out of town
the guard told the victim to leave the gas station, but instead he got out of his car and walked towards the security guard with a beer can in his hand
the guard admitted to the shooting and stated it started over loud music

hopefully the armed guards in Portland are of higher quality and certification

the guard was a former police officer, unlicensed as a security guard, carrying a personal firearm, but hired by a small 3rd party security contractor
his application to become a licensed security guard in Tenn had been turned down 2 times due to background checks
Makes me curious why he is an ex Cop if he cant pass a BGC. Something he did while working as a Cop? Something he did later?

Makes me curious why he is an ex Cop if he cant pass a BGC. Something he did while working as a Cop? Something he did later?
I was watching American Greed (last night) where it featured a surgeon. Yeah.....he killed many and the "other doctors" knew how bad he was. He went from one hospital to another. But the lic. board didn't do their job and yank his lic. quick enough. So, the body count (dead and permanently disabled/injured) grew.

Police have that same sort of problem too (with some officers).

Aloha, Mark

It's about safety. Of course the property, but also the people on said property. I could just watch someone die from injury or overdose. I could just let it happen, but I won't. Police don't care, they will just drive by. I don't roll up on people and say "get the f*** out", I ask "are you OK?" instead. It puts them in a non confrontational frame of mind, and defuses the situation somewhat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top