JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I experienced my first stuck case in my reloading life (6m) and did what I do best "RedKneck it" first with pliers / vise grips / hack saw you get the picture so now i have a wasted dillion sizing die for my 550b press. I went to Bi-mart and purchased the RCBS 2-piecs .223 die will there sizing die work ok in my press or should I order a new dillon sizer?

Just out of curiosity, what lube were you using?

Also, did you read the instructions for the Dillon Die? Dillon Sizing dies have a unique feature as shown in this clip from their site "In the event of a stuck case, the design of the depriming assembly allows it to function as a stuck case remover." The depriming rod is mounted on a threaded piece that allows you to just jack the case out by screwing it in.

If you were using the Dillon die and read the instructions you could have saved both the cost of a die AND stuck case remover.

Deadshot2 my primitive brain kicked in and imediatly started with pliers and the such all the while my dillion die box and laptop were within 2-2 1/2 feet from me.
I only seem to learn lessons the hard way.
I was using the hornady sprayon case lube and not quite enough of it.

I have another question for you guys, I will start anouther thread for it.

Don't feel bad. I just got a stuck case by using the wrong size shell holder. The shell holder was left on the press. During my setup process I must have thought I just put it on, so I used it. When the case got stuck I started with the pliers. I've never dealt with a stuck case so I wasn't quite sure what to do. After a couple tugs I thought I was going to damage something so I stopped. I inspected the case a little better and realized the base wasn't ripped off and then tried to put the shell holder on and realized it was the wrong size.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top