JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How the parties differ...

In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac,
Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify for a loan.

His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a straight party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn) explained,
"Passage of such a requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it."

I can't add anything to this - - - - I just can't.

How the parties differ...

In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac,
Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify for a loan.

His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a straight party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn) explained,
"Passage of such a requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it."

I can't add anything to this - - - - I just can't.

That last line says it all. :D

I think it's good they tighten things up, but when you oook at some deals it gets a little ridiculous.
I bought my house this last July got in at a good interest rate and bought a house $90k under what we got approved for just because thats what we felt comfortable with.

The sad thing is these big banks made fed money from the collapse then double dip by selling homes they foreclose on. It's not so much your seeing more foreclosures now, but the banks have been holding off foreclosing or holding these properties and now and in the future all of them will start flooding the market and really turning the home market upside down.
And along with the banks all the losers that couldn't pay for the houses they lied to get will be paid for the freddy and fanny fed lawsuit settlement. While joe hardworker cut back, trimmed their spending and really suffered just to pay their debt and they get nothing.

We told my son to buy within their means, they didn't listen. The foreclosure negotiations start in January. They both got laid off their jobs although now he seems to have a steady job, but in this economy who knows!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I believe one should put down 20% minimum personally and figure ability to repay and live comfortably off net income not gross.(At a way better debt to income ratio then banks require) I think there are people who believe banks and loans are a good service for the people, HAH!

It took getting fine print pencil screwed by OSU federal credit union to see the light. We have always been pretty financially conservative but after the BS with OSU and lawyers and educating that C/U, I got out of that mess and will never look back. Since then we have got a nice older home on a couple acres and two large pieces of property with no bank loans!
THANKS OSU!

We told my son to buy within their means, they didn't listen. The foreclosure negotiations start in January. They both got laid off their jobs although now he seems to have a steady job, but in this economy who knows!

Buying well within your means means you can save up for bad times, instead of scratching your head after a week because it's another one until the paycheck comes in. Never have I felt so mentally comfortable as when I left paycheck-to-paycheck and was able to save. A big thing is that people need to move away from spending whatever they are given credit for to whatever they actually comfortably can. Not everybody is in an equally fortunate position to do this, but many are without realizing it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top