JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking for ammo 5.7x28mm please help first-time gun owner can't find ammo.
You and a lot of other people. If someone here tells you xyz site has it, it will be gone when you go there, unless its highly marked up. So you can use one of the search tools. Watch it several times a day. Stuff comes up and it's gone fast. Other way is are you willing to pay "going rate"? There is no such thing as "there is none". It's just how much are you willing to pay. Look at the auctions and you can find anything you need. Price may not be what you want but its there. If you want some and are willing to pay the price only thing I warn about is buy from a dealer there who takes credit cards. Some offer better deals if you send them a Money order. This is a risk. To me it's worth paying a little more for the safety. Gunbroker for example has a LOT of this ammo. Again price is not pretty but it's there. :s0092:

Manufacturers are trying to keep the shelves stocked with the most common calibers. Which at the moment they're horribly losing. So, a smaller demand caliber won't get produced until after the demand of common calibers settles down.

Be patient.

Keep your eyes open for deals (just yesterday there was some 5.7 ammo for sale here on the forum).

Know what the going prices are - I have seen some online that is $3 per round and others asking half that or less.

I can't imagine anyone buying a 5.7x28 firearm and not knowing that the ammo can be difficult to find and/or expensive at the best of times. Personally I would wait for the ammo panic to ease off. I get the occasional deal here on the forum, but generally I have reduced my buying greatly - I have most of what I need (including 10K+ of 5.7) so I am not panic buying. When prices/availability return to normal I may start buying some of it again.

Be patient.

Keep your eyes open for deals (just yesterday there was some 5.7 ammo for sale here on the forum).

Know what the going prices are - I have seen some online that is $3 per round and others asking half that or less.

I can't imagine anyone buying a 5.7x28 firearm and not knowing that the ammo can be difficult to find and/or expensive at the best of times. Personally I would wait for the ammo panic to ease off. I get the occasional deal here on the forum, but generally I have reduced my buying greatly - I have most of what I need (including 10K+ of 5.7) so I am not panic buying. When prices/availability return to normal I may start buying some of it again.
I'm a new firearm owner myself and it's hard being patient when you're trying to stock up! I'm always on the lookout for 10mm, 8mm, and 7x57

I'm a new firearm owner myself and it's hard being patient when you're trying to stock up! I'm always on the lookout for 10mm, 8mm, and 7x57
I do feel bad for the newbies who bought a gun after this latest panic started and now have to either pay high prices or wait. Hopefully some of them will remember this when this latest panic is over. Something few old timers seem to ever get.

That is why the only "off" caliber I own is 5.7 and I stocked up on it big time over the years. The PS90 and Five Seven are the primary first choice SHTF get home guns for my family due to health/physical reasons, so I stocked it up deep. The rest of my guns are in "standard" calibers like .308, 7.62x39, 5.56, and so on.

I hesitated on getting a .40 pistol, but got one, liked it, noted I could swap out the barrel & mag and shoot 9mm in it - beyond that, it is second in popularity to 9mm and way ahead of .45ACP, so I stocked deep on .40 too. So yeah, that is why I chose mostly "popular" calibers and kept my eyes open for decent to good deals on ammo - I am patient and I do not panic buy; about once a month here someone has ammo I want for a decent price, although I don't really need any more than I have (about 75K rounds).

I do feel bad for the newbies who bought a gun after this latest panic started and now have to either pay high prices or wait. Hopefully some of them will remember this when this latest panic is over. Something few old timers seem to ever get.
Wow! Talk about preparation. I used to think it wild to have thousands and thousands of rounds saved thinking "in a firefight you'd never be able to use them all" but I've really seen how it's more than that, it's being able to maintain range time and practice, plus, I have a big family too and I've seen just how fast ammo can really go by. Add in a sustained problem like covid or SHTF, you could be on your own for years. I get it

Wow! Talk about preparation. I used to think it wild to have thousands and thousands of rounds saved thinking "in a firefight you'd never be able to use them all" but I've really seen how it's more than that, it's being able to maintain range time and practice, plus, I have a big family too and I've seen just how fast ammo can really go by. Add in a sustained problem like covid or SHTF, you could be on your own for years. I get it

It depends on the firefight. Ammo can go quickly in a sustained firefight. Of course, if your anticipation is that a firefight will be a once in a lifetime thing - e.g., getting carjacked - not fighting off the "zombie apocalypse", then yeah, "firefights" will be quick an short with maybe a couple mags expended at most.

But I am a prepper; I hope for the best (never ever having to use my ammo to shoot at another human) and prepare for the worst (zombie apocalypse).

Half my ammo stash is rimfire. I used to think that practicing with rimfire in self-defense guns was mostly a waste of time, but I found that it wasn't. Sure the recoil is not the same, but I learned that this gives the shooter a chance to concentrate on technique instead of having some aspects of shooting (trigger control, etc.) be masked by the recoil.

I always recommend for people who have not shot/owned guns before and who want to buy their first gun, to get a rimfire. You do not outgrow rimfires - I have been shooting guns for over 50 years and I have more rimfires than any other gun (and I own more guns than most people). They are good practice and fun, are very versatile for hunting, are inexpensive and ammo is cheap and readily available.

Looking for ammo 5.7x28mm please help first-time gun owner can't find ammo.
Check the classified ammo ads daily on this site. I have seen it listed from time to time. But for immediate needs, you will probably need to locate some ammo online using a search site like wikiarms.com or ammoseek.com. Expect to pay around $2 per round with sales tax and shipping.

Last Edited:
Jeebus, what compelled you to get a 5.7 for your first gun? Normally one gets like a .22lr single shot.
A ton of folks that play video games, love the 5.7. More specifically the PS90, or in the video games P90. I can name two people I know that are not much of a gun type, they own PS90s, hardcore gamers.

A ton of folks that play video games, love the 5.7. More specifically the PS90, or in the video games P90. I can name two people I know that are not much of a gun type, they own PS90s, hardcore gamers.
Yea, I'd love having a ps90 and the Ruger 5.7 but I'd also like to be bangin Brooke Shields.. 9's and whatnot keeps me happy.

Last time I moved some of the family who was helping mentioned that. Looked at me like I was "odd" because I had so much ammo. I explained to them it was not that I thought some day I would be going to battle. Rather I have seen panics before where it was hard to get the stuff for better than a year. I like to shoot weekly. When there is a panic Wife and I still can.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top