JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did some googling, I did some searching on the the FN Five Seven forums - I didn't find anything offered.

Glancing at the dimensions of the two cartridges, it seems it would be possible, but I am not sure.

I am thinking an adapter for a single shot rifle chambered in .223, thinking this would be a lot easier to do than to modify a rifle to shoot 5.7x28.

Does anyone have any info on whether anybody has made or offered such an adapter?

Thoughts on the feasibility?

TIA

I did some googling, I did some searching on the the FN Five Seven forums - I didn't find anything offered.

Glancing at the dimensions of the two cartridges, it seems it would be possible, but I am not sure.

I am thinking an adapter for a single shot rifle chambered in .223, thinking this would be a lot easier to do than to modify a rifle to shoot 5.7x28.

Does anyone have any info on whether anybody has made or offered such an adapter?

TIA
Only thing I'm familiar with, are the old 30-06 garands that were converted to 308 with an insert.

I don't think I know of any modern, say in the last 20 years, rifle to rifle adapters.

Just shotgun adapters are all I've seen.

I'm truly curious to see what others know on this subject.

Perhaps @Velzey may know something?

Interesting. Found a 22 or 22mag adapter for TC singles.

upload_2019-4-21_19-48-14.jpeg

This must be a "can we do it" thing.

The 5.7 x 28 is like 2x the cost to shoot and the little bubblegum is difficult to reload. Also not allot of different ammo options for it out there.

I dont see why not, its a screamer of a round. Proper support for the case I am sure it would fire.

This must be a "can we do it" thing.

The 5.7 x 28 is like 2x the cost to shoot and the little bubblegum is difficult to reload. Also not allot of different ammo options for it out there.

I have about five thousand rounds of 5.7x28. It is no more expensive than 5.56x45 defensive ammo - I bought most of my ammo for 35-38 cents per round. Sure, if you compare it to military 5.56 ammo, it is expensive, but not when you are comparing defensive ammo. It is a lot less expensive than .22 Hornet.

As for reloading, from what I have read, it is difficult to reload for use in semi-autos, but I am thinking about either a bolt action or a single action break open. Yes, the .223 can be loaded down to its equivalent just as easy, but right now I have thousands of 5.7 brass and dies. It is a small lightweight cartridge to carry, it is also a niche cartridge, but one that fills an important niche in my family in case of SHTF. I would like to be able to shoot it in the bolt action or single shot rifles I have chambered for it without having to buy something like a T/C Contender specifically chambered for it

I have about five thousand rounds of 5.7x28. It is no more expensive than 5.56x45 defensive ammo - I bought most of my ammo for 35-38 cents per round. Sure, if you compare it to military 5.56 ammo, it is expensive, but not when you are comparing defensive ammo. It is a lot less expensive than .22 Hornet.

As for reloading, from what I have read, it is difficult to reload for use in semi-autos, but I am thinking about either a bolt action or a single action break open. Yes, the .223 can be loaded down to its equivalent just as easy, but right now I have thousands of 5.7 brass and dies. It is a small lightweight cartridge to carry, it is also a niche cartridge, but one that fills an important niche in my family in case of SHTF. I would like to be able to shoot it in the bolt action or single shot rifles I have chambered for it without having to buy something like a T/C Contender specifically chambered for it

5k of inventory for bolt action or break open single shot, that's a decent amount for a SHTF. + the back up of reloading it. I would say your set. No doubt on reloading for non-auto fed, the OE dry lube finish probably is not a factor. Another non-factor would be the slow speed to reload since each powder charge would have to be hand thrown.
FN Five-Seven KABOOM -
I personally load my 7.62 x 51 this way using two RCBS auto trickle measures and it still takes quite a bit of time, but worth it for an extremely accurate round for my bolt guns. My reloading pace matches that of my bolt gun shooting pace so its a wash for me.

Sure wish I could find 5.7x28 for 35 cents delivered these days. Best I have seen is around 40 cents. For me, 5.56x45 coming off my press is about half this price and considerably faster to produce.

I agree the 5.7 is a talented little round. I feed mine to a PS90 waiting for its SBR stamp. Good luck on the conversion adaptor, I bet you could have one made.

IMG_3022 2.jpg

TIA
Did you ever find an adapter solution for this?

This is probably way more than you wanted to spend especially if you don't already have a contender frame but 5.7x28 is an option they will make. CMMG has a barrel/bolt option for AR15 platform.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top