JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The NATO standard, nato-bug.jpg , M855 round is intended for use against light matériel targets and personnel, but not vehicles. Identified by a green tip, the 62 grain projectile is constructed of a lead alloy core topped by a steel penetrator, the whole contained within a gilding (copper alloy) metal jacket. The primer and case are waterproof. (See representative cartridge drawing.) Despite the round's penetration abilities, BATF has specifically exempted it from the AP ban.

Just FYI, bullets with steel penetrators are banned at many ranges (like our club) due to fire hazard and steel target damage. On the other hand if we are ever invaded by body armor clad zombies, you are all set! :D

My club DRRC has the same rule. XM855 steel tipped ball will chew-up AR500 armor plate targets.
Shopping around, Much of the inexpensive stuff is Armor Piercing.
I just ordered a box of 600 XM193 Ball (no steel) from a new outfit <broken link removed>
Made a mistake on the order, called and got voice mail and hung up.
They called me back promptly and fixed my goof. Order should arrive later next week.
Shipping cost was $11 bringing the total to $361, 60 cents per round.

*cough*
$0.60 a round... Ouch!
Went to Bimart to get the box of 2000 at 45 cents per round but it's XM855 green tip, it has a steel tip under the gilding.
I can't shoot steel tip ammo at DRRC
BiMart does have XM193 INDEPENDENCE 5 boxes at $8.99 each, 45 cents per round.
Didn't have any last week.

IMI-Ammo.com has the ammo. Just another opportunity, where there are few to choose from.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top