JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Howdy all. I believe my next NFA acquisition will be a 5.56mm can. It will be used on a SBRed AR-15 (10½" barrel) and, after I have it threaded, a Mini-14 carbine. I already have a .22 and 9mm can, but don't have a rifle one as of yet. I know some recommend a .30-cal can to cover both 5.56 and the aforementioned, but I don't really have anything .30-caliber I want to suppress nor have any plans to in the future.

Anywho, can anyone recommend a can that:

• Is for .223 / 5.56, naturally.
  • Available, or easily adapted to, ½"x 28 threading.
  • Does not have to be full-auto rated.
  • Shorter the better.
  • Quick-detachable feature is not a big concern.
  • Below $1,000, if possible.
  • Reasonably easy to service by the end-user.
  • Is available to Form 3 to my FFL/SOT. I'm finding a ton of stuff is out of stock.

Thanks for any recommendations, links, etc. Much appreciated. :)

you want a can that will fit that bill the best and is still user servicable for 22 and so such.. Liberty Mystic X, thats the ticket right there. I dont have one, but I am seriously thinking about one for the next can I get.

Its a monocore design that pulls apart very easily, and can be cleaned quickly.
<broken link removed>

Here is another that is new to the market, but heck you can get a 223 and a 22 can for well under the price of most other cans.

<broken link removed>

I bought a silencerco omega in 30 cal. Can be quick detach with a brake or flash hider, or direct thread for light weight and smaller length. Also bought a 556 end cap, and I have the option to do everything from 30 cal bolt gun to an AR whatever. I only have an AR15, but since I'm married to the suppressor for life, I have options. One of the lightest, quitest, shortest cans out. Lots of good cans out to choose from

Doesn't seem to be a bunch of 'user serviceable' high pressure rifle models, are there?

The LaRue TranQuilo not only looks great, detaches fast, reduces backpressure in your face, it has a great name too. :cool:

Blingah, for teh 'warfighter'!

LAR-1.jpg

No need to ever break open a centerfire rifle can. To make one so it to make it fatter and heavier for no real return. .22 cans need to be serviceable not rifle cans..

If I was to buy another 30 cal can I would possibly get a saker. All of the cans listed in this thread are good. But each has its weak points too. Your also not going to find to many cans that are fully serviceable in the 30 cal class. Ask yourself how it's going to be used is weight a huge factor? I also think for 5.56 you want to try and get full auto rated if possible if you have ever dumped 30 rounds out a AR with a silencer on you know why.
But one of the biggest things to me is don't try and save a few bucks and be cheap with this buy the very best and be done with it. Nothing worse than going through all that trouble, money and waiting only to get one that mediocre. Just my 2 cents anyway.

I will say that I like the design of the SIG 762Ti can where the baffle stack ( LOTS of baffles ) is fully welded and replaceable by SIG without having to replace the registered section which is only the base of the silencer. That and it is the quietest silencer I have ever used or heard. They really pulled out all the stops with that one.

Yea that sig 762ti can looks to be a good one. Looks strong and seems pretty versatile. Lots of great can out there if you buy one from the major players out there you will likely get a good one.
I feel people should not underestimate what they will do with one once they get it. If you were to pin it to a barrel and run subs that's one thing but if you going to want to shoot different calibers and do more than just a few rounds a year on a hunt. Then you should get a good strong one. I also figure it's a lifetime investment don't let $100 make up you mind for you get the best save a little more money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top