5.56mm green tip (1500rnds) on clips

OP
SheepDog223
Reactions
I don't need the extra penetration properties that this ammo has. I'd rather have quantity. So, here it is. The lowest advertised price (including shipping) that you find out there I'll beat by .10 per round. Or you can have it for .75 cents a round whichever is lowest. I want you to have this green tip and me to have wolf before we really can't find it for real. It's just hard to find right now, not impossible yet.

If you think I'll ship the ammo re-read the above paragraph slower. F2F ONLY.

Reactions
Standard for what? If they are military green tips, they are going to be made for the M16 1/7 twist and theyre going to be heavy. Thats part of what gives them the extra penetration. But if theyre civilian green tips, (unlikely being on clips, and in 5.56 cal) then they could be ANY grain bullets. You may have a 1/9 twist barrel, and if you shoot these at 72 grain weight, the twist isnt fast enough for the weight, and the bullet will not be accurate. Or if you have a 1/7 twist AR, and these are 45 grain civilian green tips, they will spin too fast and come apart before they hit the target. At least thats what Ive been told.

OP
SheepDog223
Reactions
Standard for what? If they are military green tips, they are going to be made for the M16 1/7 twist and theyre going to be heavy. Thats part of what gives them the extra penetration. But if theyre civilian green tips, (unlikely being on clips, and in 5.56 cal) then they could be ANY grain bullets. You may have a 1/9 twist barrel, and if you shoot these at 72 grain weight, the twist isnt fast enough for the weight, and the bullet will not be accurate. Or if you have a 1/7 twist AR, and these are 45 grain civilian green tips, they will spin too fast and come apart before they hit the target. At least thats what Ive been told.

Maybe I'll pull one tonight and weigh it to settle any disputes and questions. I've always thought that standard military 5.56 was 55 grain, at least that's what I've, been told.

Reactions
The military M855 round is intended for use against light matériel targets and personnel, but not vehicles. Identified by a green tip, the 62 grain projectile is constructed of a lead alloy core topped by a steel penetrator, the whole contained within a gilding (copper alloy) metal jacket. The primer and case are waterproof. Despite the round's penetration abilities, BATF has specifically exempted it from the AP ban.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom