JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Haven't purchased any of their products before, but their shoes caught my eye recently, as they have several models on Amazon for relatively cheap. Anyone have any experience with them? Are they any good, or should I stick with my Vans and Adidas?

Picked up some of their shoes insanely cheap during a sale at an online retailer. The hiking shoes were very comfortable, however the pair of leather semi-dress ones are taking forever to break in. I like many of the styles. Not many shoes NOT made in China anymore.

I have a pair of their synthetic reinforced toe boots. Comfortable and have worn ok. Starting to crack. Nowhere near as comfortable as my Redwings but also half the cost.

To each his own, ok?

Me, the 5.11 clothing I've seen looks like clothes designed for the, ah ahem, husky guys.

And, crazy overpriced.

Reminds me of the pricing of underarmor clothing - nah, just because I can afford it, doesn't me I'll overpay for it....

To each his own, ok?

Me, the 5.11 clothing I've seen looks like clothes designed for the, ah ahem, husky guys.

And, crazy overpriced.

Reminds me of the pricing of underarmor clothing - nah, just because I can afford it, doesn't me I'll overpay for it....
I just saw the shoes and boots for $40ish on Amazon. Curious about wear quality. I think the only other things I'd buy from them would be a bag/backpack, maybe a hat.

To each his own, ok?

And, crazy overpriced.

Fair enough, some of us have better luck than others with various things. And, um, I am a rather portly sort... :) lol It helps that I watch for sales and stock up then, too.

Haven't purchased any of their products before, but their shoes caught my eye recently, as they have several models on Amazon for relatively cheap. Anyone have any experience with them? Are they any good, or should I stick with my Vans and Adidas?

I've had decent luck with there shoes, and just bought a few extra pair from LAPolicegear.com at $20/pair.

These, in the brown.

Fit is a tiny bit smaller than the pair being replaced, but that's fine as the other pair was upsized over my standard fit anyways. So just about a perfect fit on these. For me. YMMV.

Went with the brown, as they are sold out of the black, and not a fan of a suede in any footwear.

Black pair being replaced is around 2.5 years old, plenty of use out of them. Likely a goodly bit of use left as well, just beginning to look a bit worn & the outsole does have a slight bit of uneven wear, but that's just due to my gait.

Great value, IMO. Wish they weren't discontinued.

I only wear currently what I wore in Iraq and the Stan, Lowa Zephyrs. Funny I still have a pair of old Danner Ft Lewis Go Devils Gore-Tex boots from the West Berlin PX from 1989. They still are in good shape.

Been working with 5.11 products for over 6 years.

5.11 is good for tactical pants and bags. Avoid them for any thing else.

Go Salomon, Danner, etc., for boots. Like most things in life "You get what you pay for."

YMMV...

I tried 5.11 duty boots for work, lasted me around 4 or so months of 5x 8-16hr days on the beat. Then the leather started wearing out. I started wearing Rocky C4T, those lasted about a year, and Danner Tachyons are a bit more comfortable and about as durable as the Rocky's. I ended up wearing Danner Lookouts when I moved to the PNW as we didn't deal with this much sporadic rain where I worked in CA. It was hot and light, airy shoes were much needed.

I bought a pair of boots at a share house sale. Started to come apart after only wearing a few times.
Contacted them, sent them in and they stopped making that model.
sent me a different model. Wore those everyday for a year, now they are my work and mud boots and bought a new pair.

the ones I got are good and I like them, overpriced at retail but decent on sale.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top