JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The halfie's are fun little rigs, they go almost anywhere because they are so light and capable. Gotten to see them do interesting things at Mogfest the last few years.

The Volvo goes over and up things which always got my Toyota stuck. It's just plain fun.

There's a video on youtube showing a bunch of guys muddin' out in Tahuya in Haflingers.
Looks like a lotta fun!
I remember something about a company in California that modded Haflingers with VW Beetle engines (maybe it was 1/2 VW engines).
More power and reliability.

Dean

Some people I know HATE their lemony Cherokees. I owned two and put a quarter million miles on each one. Loved them and still miss them at times.

Front seats (at least the leather ones I had) are the most comfortable anywhere. 4.0 liter straight-6 motor is plenty. Tried to get mine stuck with regular street tires (avoiding deep mud pits of course) and never did. Gas mileage was meh, 16-19.

With that said, I don't now about the newer ones, made (I think) by Fiat. Mine were the old-school guys - 89 and 97.

Get the Mercedes Benze Glendawagon Mil Surplus and have at it! Best "Jeep Size" 4X4 out there!

1583524088656.png

Try to stay away from land yachts like long bed fords or suburban's, equally don't get a land or range rover as the repair cost can be astronomical. Toyota, Chevy trucks, I have a '05 Titan that I love for it's power and reliability and it has yet to left me stranded in mud or snow.

Its going to be hard to beat that Chevrolet Suburban. Find another clean one and put a new motor in it and call it good. Go with pre computer controlled engine. A good Blazer or Bronco would be my second choice.

To me, that's an odd choice of name, along the lines of selling Nova in Mexico. My experience with Haflinger is that they are stubborn and ornery as hell working ponies. They do look great pulling a cart, though.
Yeah, when I looked up the truck, I was like, what's with all the horsy pictures? :D
I remember reading an article on the Haflinger (might have been that PV4 review) and the writer pondered, If you have two Haflingers, does that make a whole Flinger? :s0140:
Mexican Nova gas used to be the cheapest you could get in north America.
At a time when a gallon of regular was selling around here for a buck and a half, Nova gas was 18 cents......of course, only a VW Beetle used a c.r. low enough to drink the stuff, but at least you had fuel to (more or less) get you down the road.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads