JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to set up a temp spray booth to paint my Willys Jeep I am building. SO I am looking for as many as 10) 4ft 34-40 watt dual bulb cheap ole' shop light fixtures. Would travel 50 miles from Silverton for multiples at a good price.

I can buy new for $13.00 each as a reference.

FYI. Electrical Code does not permit standard lights in a spray paint booth. Temporary or not.
NEC classified 'Hazardous Location' Class 1 Division 1. You can do as you please of course but
if anything goes sideways it is legally considered negligent.:eek:

less than an hour ago, My son was showing me the 4' led shop lights he just bought. they use 34 watts put out 4000 lumens
He fired up a gen set, plug in the light O yea it's bright

yea these are around that 13$ mark, thinking he said 12 and change at home depot. bi marts price about the same

he's right on with the codes, it's the it's switch, which makes spark inside when turned. That will set off gases

Fluorescent tubes, if broken while powered, will supply a hell of a spark.

LEDs not so likely to, but may still spark.

In my experience, any lighting fixture of any type, meant for usage in a space where fumes or liquids are flammable, regardless of the source of light, generally has some kind of protection to prevent them from getting broken and usually something to contain the light, even if broken, from being exposed to the fumes/etc.

IIRC, there are special fluorescent tubes with a plastic tube around the inner tube for this purpose. Personally I would go with LEDs. In my shop I am replacing all of my tubes with LEDs ($18 for two 4' tubes at Costco) and putting up more fixtures that are LED to start with. The fixtures with tubes, at Costco, are sometimes on sale for $30 per fixture.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top