JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a revolver that is chambered for 45LC. it is an ultra light model, it is what I pack with me in the woods when I go camping and as a back up when I am hunting. I would like to start reloading the brass I have. my question is what would be some good loads for this. most of the data I find refers to Ruger and T/C style pistols or cowboy styles. This thing has a short barrel and is light and I really don't feel like playing pull the pin on the grenade. any words of wisdom out there.

the Ruger loads and TC loads are or should be in their own section. The standard load data should work for that pistol. What grain and type of bullet are you planning on using and powder choice?
For a start I would recomend the Hornaday XTP bullet (same as Black Talon) or Nosler JHP 250gr using Blue Dot @ 12.5 grs.
also Unique @ 9grs would work.

Last Edited:
You can look at Hodgon's online load data. They have the cowboy loads you were refering to, but also regular load data. I have loaded ~500 lasercast 250gr LRNFP and have had good results out of a Ruger Blackhawk. I have loaded any thing from light loads around 600fps to heavier loads at ~900fps. Hope this helps.

Deadeye how do you like the 250gr. Nosler? I picked up a couple boxes at bi-mart and loaded 50 with Unique but haven't had a chance to get out and try them out.

<broken link removed>

Thanks for the information. I have on hand Blue dot, Red dot, Unique, bulls eye, and some 2400, I have the Nosler 250 jhp. primers I have the choice of Rem #2, CCI 300, CCI400, FED210 and I think some Winchester Large pistol.
the pistol I will be loading for is the Taurus Titanium Tracker .45 LC with the ported 2 inch barrel. Like I said I want to make susre that I am not pulling the pin on a grenade when I go shooting next.:s0084:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top