JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What can anybody tell me about the ammo in the photo?
1620331602175.png

I am thinking the "50" on the box may be the date of manufacture. The Argentinian military used the Ballester—Molina variant of the M1911 at least until the mid-1950s. The fact is marked 11.25㎜, instead of the usual metric designation of 11.43㎜, is another indicator that is what is for. The aforementioned automatic pistols are so marked with the less common designation.

Can this be fired out of any 45acp? Does it have any value? I've got about 1000 +/- rounds. I know it uses Berdan primers so reloading them is not an option for most people.

I wouldn't ever presume anything with respect to old ammunition of unknown condition. However, the 11.25㎜ is what Argentinians called .45 ACP. As you can see on the slide of the Modelo 1927 (a licensed copy of the 1911) and Ballester—Molina (which is a derivative of the aforementioned), it is so marked on firearms of that family:

Marcajes_ea.jpg
As to value, I honestly have no idea.

With respect to if corrosive or not, you will find some Argentinian ammunition clearly marked "FULMINANTE NO CORROSIVO", in which no problem. Otherwise, well, normal precaution.

I think I recall seeing some of that for sale at shows some years ago, as shooting ammo. I don't recall if it was corrosive or not.

If it were mine, I'd shoot some of it before selling it, just to make sure it would still fire.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top