JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Iv been wanting a powerful large revolver for a while now and Im having some trouble deciding between a .454 casull raging bull or the raging judge which can shoot .454 casull, .45lc and .410 shotshells up to 3". It would be nice to have the wider range of ammo from the raging judge but Im worried that the long cylinder will hurt accuracy. interested in any ones hands on feedback. thank you.

My dad has a judge 3"mag. We roll our own and 5 ea.000 buck 3" at 30 ft......8x8!
45 lc are good to go......I would think the longer barrel on the RJ would sweeten it up plenty.

I just saw .454 casull at bi mart for just over $25 a box. I didn't realize it could be had for that cheap, thats only $7 a box more then my little .38 special lol. I think Im going to end up just going with the normal raging bull instead of the "jack of all trades" gun

its not about the money mjbskwim its more that I really like the style of the taurus. although I wouldn't mind having a s&w .460 the taurus felt alot more at home in my hand.

I haven't had a Taurus in years.But every one I owned,I only owned it for a short time.
Never liked the actions on them.
But that;s just me.And for me.the biggest I would even consider is a 38.Not even a 357.
Definitely not a 44mag or larger,for the reason Blitz mentioned.
Check out the single actions,as you won't be rapid firing a 454 Casull too much. Heck one cylinder is about $10 no?
And unless you are a arm wrestling champ,the recoil is big enough to slow the second shot down. And there are better grips for most all guns mentioned.
Heck as far as I'm concerned a 44 mag is best in a lever gun or carbine.

Im not really interested in a sa cowboy type revolver. If I were to buy anything non taurus for a .454 it would be the Smith and Wesson .460vxr. you guys may be right about the overall quality of the taurus but Iv always been hard headed when it comes to finding out if cheap things really are worse then the other option lol. who knows. I might get over the big revolver thing and just get a .50 beowulf ar >:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top