JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
anyone know anything about this cartridges? what gun shoots ect

2012-10-10_19-10-51_970.jpg

2012-10-10_19-10-15_439.jpg

2012-10-10_19-10-27_505.jpg

Well, they may be in cartridge boxes but they don't look like cartridges to me. At least not from these pictures. They might be 6.5mm bullets. The fact that someone labeled the boxes as .263 Dia might tend to bear this out.

This rifle caliber bullet was more popular in former times then it is now but is still an effective bullet depending upon the cartridge and use.

.263 is an alternate for a 6.5. I used .264" (100gr, 120gr and 140gr), Sierra's in my Rem 700 as they are more accurate then the .263" and under.

That said, those you have displayed have to be 160 grain (weigh them) they are so long, and the round nose? I have never seen anything like that, but that is what they have to be...160 grain 6.5mm (.263") bullets for any of the many 6.5mm rifles out there.

View attachment 46858View attachment 46859View attachment 46860 thanks for the information guys. I want to find someone that could use them. here are a few more pictures.

Yes, I noticed that "punk" in the trailing edge. Almost like it was designed to smoke. If the round is not all lead and copper it may be only 140gr.

I have a couple rifles that "could" use them, but I'm not shooting or reloading them any more...I'm just getting too shaky to do any bench rest any more (and those are not BR bullets). I pretty much limit myself to teaching the grandkids to shoot any more.

It has no attraction to magnet on any area. I did see the fuzz scraped it off, think it was maybe the box fibers sticking to the what appears to be lead or similar soft metal.

These are most likely 6.5 X 55 full metal jacket bullets for the Norwegian Krag Jorgensen or the Swedish Mauser military rifles. I've seen surplus 6.5 ammo with this shape bullet. They would be ok for target practice, but not an effective bullet for hunting.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top