JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the info, if nla doesnt fix this for me ill follow up with tromix.

On another note, just finished my first ar build. With the buffer spring that came with the .450, the .223 wylde upper i put together wasnt working properly, and the adjustable gas block couldnt quite make it work. So i swapped that spring out with the standard buffer spring and the gun is working slick as snot. The spring that came with the .450 upper is now back in the box along with everything else.

Another possibility is the upper receiver itself could be out of spec and not allowing the the BCG to properly align with the bore/chamber, which IMO may be more likely the Tromix barrel/BCG being off.

There are about a 100 things that can go wrong.

This is why you

A: Only buy factory guns from quality manufactures
Or
B. Have the tools and knowledge to build the gun properly. This means sourcing quality parts as well.

Half the manufactures are putting out trash today that are rejects or wouldn't pass initial QC from a quality manuf. They couldn't trouble shoot a problem to save their lives.

Reduce the variables and you can narrow down the issue.

Last Edited:
I thought you could force it? Mine did the same thing, scratching cases and getting stuck. If you can get a few to fire for ya that will really take the edges off and break things in.If your playing with it at home , make some dummy rounds up so ya don't shoot the cat. :D:D
You never "force it" . Great way to destroy the gun and maim/kill the shooter.

If it doesn't chamber smoothly, something is wrong. Go /No Gauges should have been the first step.

Please stop giving dangerous advice, someone who doesn't know any better is going to listen and hurt themselves.

You never "force it" . Great way to destroy the gun and maim/kill the shooter.

If it doesn't chamber smoothly, something is wrong. Go /No Gauges should have been the first step.

Please stop giving dangerous advice, someone who doesn't know any better is going to listen and hurt themselves.
Right! Thats why they have the forward assist.:rolleyes:

Forward Assist is so you can chamber a round on a dirty gun, in combat, usually when someone seats an overloaded mag with a closed bolt and has to charge it. It also allows a recon unit to charge the gun without alerting the people they are hiding from, and ensuring the bolt is seated.

And its almost never needed or used.

A new factory round that will not chamber into a new factory upper, is Apples to Space Shuttles.

Critical thinking is helpful in these situations.

Well, new bolt arrived and its now chambering a round just fine. Figured id play it safe and use go / no go gauges. Tried to do it without removing the barrel from the upper, and the bolt wont rotate behind the go gauge. Not sure if its because its hard to manipulate while inside the upper, so time to find my upper receiver bench block, take the barrel off and try again

Damn my luck. Just cant win on this one. The gun is working now, so i put a brand new red dot on it, fresh out of the box, the elevation adjustment isnt working. :mad: I have 2 more of this exact same sight on other guns, and i knew as soon as i started adjusting the elevation that it felt wrong. Guess im heading to the post office tomorrow to send it in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top