JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That would be great! In the next few weeks (Saturday/Sunday) I'm headed to Grande Rhonde to visit a friend. I will PM you to see if it works out. P.S. he has a small range on his property. Also I'm expecting to pay per round, I know they are expensive.

That would be great! In the next few weeks (Saturday/Sunday) I'm headed to Grande Rhonde to visit a friend. I will PM you to see if it works out. P.S. he has a small range on his property. Also I'm expecting to pay per round, I know they are expensive.
Bring some 2 Liters...

maxresdefault.jpg

:)

I hand load my own so call it about $1 a shot? If you just want a mag dump or to pop a soda or something we can just go out my front door. If you want to shoot a group, I can go hundreds of yards about a quarter mile down the rd. Or your friends place is cool too. Just let me know. Weekends can fill up fast.

Bryan

Do they now have a new .375 Socom? Much better down range performance? Also possible to run a skinnier barrel so the gun looks like a standard HB AR15 rifle? That is until they see the cartridge. I love a good plan.

Do they now have a new .375 Socom? Much better down range performance? Also possible to run a skinnier barrel so the gun looks like a standard HB AR15 rifle? That is until they see the cartridge. I love a good plan.

They do have a 375 out. I don't have one though :(. Tromix does have a light profile 458 barrel that looks like a normal AR. That's the one I have and love it. Rifle weighs barely over 6lbs without sights/scope.

Bryan

Would it work for Elk? Close bush range. Can we imagine how peed off that would make all the Commie Anti Gunners if you took some video of you standing over that dead Bull Elk holding your little AR15 Carbine "Pop Gun" "Poodle Shooter?" Only it ain't!

Part of the lure of the fun of AR15 ownership. How many different calibers now exist for this enduring platform? A prediction. One thousand, (1,000) years from now on some frontier colony planet the AR15 Carbine chambered in .458 Socom will be needed.

Yep, that's a huge plus that the 458 does not need special mags.
Hmmmm I built a 450 Bushmaster and I don't use special magazines...20 Pmags work great so does my 30 round steel mags. 7 rounds in the 20 round mag and 10 in the 30 Yeah I had to reshape the mag followers and round out the front of the mag for better feeding. But have never had a FTF 45 cal. Bullets are plentiful I have shot 180s to 250s hard cast and jacket no problems at all. My favorite bullet though is the 200gr Flex tip. That said my next build will be the .458 Socom just to see if I like it..I do however love the 450 BM so far sure puts big holes in critters from Elk to Bear have yet to have one take more than a step..:)

Last Edited:
I already had many projectiles in the .458 persuasion so a Socom build made the most sense. I also dabble in subsonic loading for 44 mag and 300blk and I am currently developing sub loads for the Socom. They plethora of heavy projectiles in this caliber make the task pretty easy. Factory ammo is spendy so with any of these chamberings reloading is a given if you want some cheaper trigger time. I found reloading the Socom very straightforward and prefer the bottleneck case for more accurate head spacing. At the pressure the case is designed for there is very little case stretch and trimming will be infrequent and cases will last many loadings. I am very happy with my choice of the .458 Socom.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top