JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been toying with the idea of building a big bore upper for my AR rifle lower and after several months of reading can't make a decision. I'd be willing to pay or trade goods to compensate for the ammo. Really just looking to only put ten rounds or so down range. If anyone has one maybe we could meet up?

I have heard the 450 Bushmaster is more or less dead. I think the 458 has the most support but don't think there is anything wrong with the Beowulf. There is a new big bore AR. If I recall it's a .510 and had massive lumps of projectiles available (in the 600-700 gr size)

Last Edited:
^^^ Designed for use in large frame (read ar10) style rifles. It could probably work in an ar15 though, if loaded a bit short. COAL is 2.300".

45 RAPTOR

They specifically state that it won't work in an AR15 because of the pressures on the bolt. The guy who has the license on it, will only give a license to those who will make an upper based on an AR10.

I found it interesting because I could shoot the same ammo in my 460V revolver. The only other rifle chambered for .460 S&W Mag is a $3K+ custom made lever action, which while I am sure it is worth every penny, is a bit above what I want to spend.

The 458socom has better bullet variety, and uses standard ar15 mags. But do to the straight walled 50beo, it is easier to reload. You really can't go wrong with either, but I think most have strayed towards 458.

Sooooo, does anyone actually own one? I'm hoping for an answer from someone who has personally shot one or owns one. If not, I'm always willing to be a guinea pig.

I build alot of stuff and was seriously considering this, but I have to keep tellying myself no new projects. I need a surgery. Thats definitely a price id buy this upper at.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top