JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know nothing at all about reloading! I have a .45acp right now and am looking at getting a .45 long colt and a .45-70. Are all the bullets interchangeable? I think it would be cool to be able to use the same bullets for three different guns.

As orygun says.

Also, while the .45ACP and .45 Colt could potentially both use .452" bullets, the .45 Colt revolvers tend to be more variable brand to brand on the groove dimater. Some may be as tight as .452 and some as loose as .455". It would depends on your particular .45 Colt whether it shot accurately with the .452" bullets or not.

Secondly, the .45ACp and .45 colt typically use different style bullets. The .45 ACP standard is 230 gr (or less) roundnose, while the .45 Colt standard is 250 gr or greater flat nose (for hunting especially).

Bottom line, you might be able to, but chances are accuracy would not be optimal and you would have to compromise on some weight and style of bullet that is not typical for the Colt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top