JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it possible to reload the 45 win mag cartridge with 45ACP dies? Hornady offers a die set that listed the 45ACP, 45 Auto Rim and 45 win mag (all 3) . I've got RCBS 45 ACP dies already. Can I load the 45 win mag with those dies? Hope so............

Hmmmm......thought someone here would be able to tell me if 45ACP dies could be used? Guess not. So, I kept looking.

Upon further investigation at a number of shooting and reloading forums on the net, the general concensus is that the 45ACP/45win mag relationship is the same as 38/357 or 44spl/44mag.

To answer my own question; Yes, the 45ACP dies will work to reload 45win mag cartridges..............and as a note of interest, you can cut down and trim 25-06, 30-06, .308, .243 and the like to make 45win mag brass.
Some rifle case brass may have thicker case walls so neck reaming may be necessary to facilitate bullet seating.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top