JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The only LPP that I load is for 45 ACP, all others are SPP. Any reason other than range brass is easier to find in LPP to not start loading 45's using SPP ? I already have about 500 SPP brass and can get another 1000 for 50.00. I loaded up 50 of them and did not notice any difference in them. Reason for changing is I am lazy and load on a Dillon 550 and caliber changes would be a lot easier (remember, I'm lazy).

I have not heard any bad things about the SP .45s. All my stuff is LP so I just avoid the SP stuff. If it is easier on you I would say go for it.

And in a pinch, you can use (I generally do nothing but for my plinking ammo), save perhaps out of a "target" gun or Baby Browning etc., SRP's instead of SPP's.. however, you can't do that with LRP's/LPP's.
I'm lazier than you!
I'd say go with the small pockets.

There was an article recently in one of the gun rags about this. Basically no difference. Part of that is the 45 case isn't that large and the small primer does the job well enough. I load LPP 45's cuz that's what I have, but I still pick up SPP cases. When I have enough, I'll load some of them up, too.

Well considering I am an old guy on a fixed income without a butler, I went ahead and bought the brass, even was able to trade a bunch of CCI LPP for CCI SPP, I did keep a couple K just in case. Thanks for the input.

The only thing to watch for is some 1911 firing pin primer hit is off center and may not properly work I have a older Colt Gold cup and IMHO not really impressive of a pistol but I got a deal on it in 1976. . I use range pick up small primerin my other 1911 with out any problem and I like not changing the primer setup on my Dillon as well.

Difficulties with the help can be so tiresome. My butler, a footman, and the upstairs maid absolutely refused to sort .45 acp primers. They were all dismissed without references. Good help is sooooooooooo hard to find these days, at least ones who can speak and understand english and can be taught to make and use, soap...........

My sympathies to your plight Sir Southpaw.

I got the idea a while back to separate LPP from SPP in separate jugs BEFORE tumbling. It worked too, until I came home from the range last week and dumped a 100 or so mixed that I'd scrounged from the range. I decided to go back to separating AFTER tumbling.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top