JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been thinking about 1911 in 45 acp for a while now. While doing research I came across a youtube video on .45SMC and went down the rabbit hole.
It seems like most of the articles are a couple of years old now. The cartridge appeals to me more than 460 Rowland since it gives you more than 10mm power and it seems all you need is a gun rated for +P plus :)-)) a stronger recoil spring.
It sounds like the case is .45 super, which is readily available, but using a small, rifle?, primer. But I also read it was a cut down .308.
Anyone w info to share that I might have overlooked on the internets?

Interesting.

I would probably want to get some kind of recoil buffer or spring system - although I have not had good luck with those with standard power ammo - some of them are just plain snake oil. It sounds to me like a person would want to swap out at least the recoil springs.

Pinne65, which one are you looking at? I have no experience with one - yet.

A friend of mine is working on a 45 longslide (7" longslide, NOT a puny 6" people claim as a "longslide"). It will shoot 45ACP, 45ACP +P and the 45 SUPER. He has a frind who is working up a "special" cocktail that he is going to call the 45 SUPER MAX. All shot from the same gun, the only thing might have to instal a stiffer spring for the 45 SUPER MAX load. They have tested the SUPER MAX load. A 250gr bullet is travelling at 1310fps.

I should be getting mine around the first of the year. (A late Christmas present for myself). If you are serious about going into that realm, PM me and i can pass along his info, and his website link.

Tell us what make/model you are leaning towards. :s0155:

Pinne65, which one are you looking at? I have no experience with one - yet.

Tell us what make/model you are leaning towards. :s0155:

I was just doing some research on 1911s when I came across the SMC. Since I have an affinity for rare flinch enhancing calibers it immediately caught my attention :). Im not even close to making up my mind on a 1911 yet though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top