JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$550
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
45 Long Colt
City
Ridgefield
State
Washington
Zip Code
$500

27" barrel

Very nice condition, I bought it from a friend a couple years ago, who bought it new, he said he only used it a couple times, always cleaned and put away properly.

45 cal, brass trimmings, patch box has a jag inside.

Any trade needs at least $200 cash in wth the trades, deals.

Thanks for looking
Matt

20220917_145329.jpg 20220917_145319.jpg 20220917_145406.jpg 20220917_145400.jpg 20220917_145348.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
If I may, I think what you have there is a Thompson Center Cherokee (rather than a Hawken). The Cherokee was a lighter gun, preferred by many for hunting purposes over the Hawken. Calibers were 32, 36 and 45 if I remember right. (The Hawken came in .45 and larger).

The Cherokees and Senecas had shorter production runs than the Hawken, which adds to their desirability as well.

Nice gun and priced fair. Having carried a Hawken .45 on a 3-mile foot chase for an Antelope buck, I would have MUCH preferred the Cherokee.

Ok, i changed the headline to reflect either option....
Thanks for the help guys!!
That's not a Cherokee. They had no patch box and the barrel was 24" inches. That one is longer.
It should say the Model Name on the barrel

. @Kdf22 is right about the patchbox, but I wrote that off as a "later model Cherokee", or a "modification" (Hawken part installed?). My leaning toward a Cherokee was driven by the forend cap style.

Also, the hammer is of the smaller, curved "gracile" version I've seen on Cherokees, not the large, near vertical thumbpiece style as seen on my Hawkens.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.