JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was shooting some home made cast lead ammo 230 grain with accu # 2 at 5.0 grams, 5.1, and 5.2 at the spec depth of 1.25. and only the 5.2 shot good. the others went all over the place and even the brass hit my head a bunch.
but someone at the range told me i shouldn't shoot cast lead bullets through my m & p and or my glock. ,.. I have never shot any out of my glock. but only my m & p.
can anyone answer this for me. and does anyone know if i am supposed to load differently with lead rounds than regular? something about the velocity? being to much and to go light? i am new at this so anything helps thanks

It's fine, just have to clean it more. The whole "no lead" in polygonal rifled barrels stems from problems people had with the barrel leading up, restricting the bore, and pressure spiking to the point of blowing the gun up.

The whole thing is predicated on: very soft lead bullets, inadequate bullet lube, and very high pressure loads (stripping)

Take your gun apart, look down the bore, see how much lead is in there, if you can't see the rifling it's a problem, if you just see little bits and bobs here and there it's fine.

most lead people come up with is soft..to .. very soft for casting bullets... places like badman and others add different things to the lead to harden it up... i cast my own .38's. and I can tell you 500 rounds of 38's with unique powder.. no problem... 40 to 50 of .357 mag same lead, blue dot or some other powder.. and ..1 i lead up my barrel fast, 2 it will actually pie "like punkin chunkin" if loaded too hot.. "never load lead to jacketed specs" if you do you will 1 wonder why you can't hit bubblegum, and 2 will sit at your bench and slowly and carefully take apart the other hundred and fifty with a hardy headslap often!:smash:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top