JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm trying to start a very basic collection of interesting/different 45 autos (Full size).

Here is what I have so far:

S&W Model 1911
Sig P220
Springfield XD
Barretta PX4
Baby Eagle (just picked up today) :s0155:

Pistols.jpg

"Ignore the guns on the right"

Next on my list is the S&W M&P.

What other 45 autos would you wise members suggest adding?

Thanks.

Last Edited:
HK usp ...... To me, the S&W would be too much alike the XD if both were full size, and ZI'd go for something a little different before getting the S&W, but if your going to get them all, choose whatever you want, but the HK's are nice ......

Go hk. The new .45 is pretty nice but overpriced IMO, so USP would be a good choice. HKs are very nice weapons. But they all do the same thing as long as you can make it count.:s0155:

i have a sig 220 and a H&Kusp expert in 45acp.
for me these were the best shooting and most reliable 45's i have ever had and i have had a ton of 45's 1911's from the cheapest all the way to th 2k les baer and the sti i shot the sig and h&k better than those.

Where's your Colt? That's where it all started and if you're collecting, you're missing an important something.

Someone had a sweet deal on a Lightweight Enhanced Commander on here.....

Sell the XD, and get the XDm. Don't get me wrong, love the XD (have one in my safe right now and it has and will never fail me, no doubt), but the XDm's sure are nice. And, since the XD's seem to hold there value, you wouldn't be far off to upgrade. Plus, I just don't like the triggers on the M&P. Doesn't seem robust enough.

Looks like you have a pretty good start, but most .45 collections will have a Colt 1911 and maybe a Kimber and don't forget the Glock 36 single stack. For a fighting pistol I like the FNP-45 a lot of gun for the money.

I have to agree with the P220 being a great shooter, the 1911 platform is a given and I really wanna try out the FN myself cause I keep hearin great raves over it!

Thanks for all the suggestions...keep them coming...I'm building a bigger wish list....now I just need the cash

might i suggest you put the m&p on hold. you have a pretty good 45 collection going. it might be time to step up to the perfofmance center.get an s&w 945pc. after you shoot it, you'll like it so much, you might decide to lookt into a performance center 45acp revolver.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top