JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone able to share experience with reloading 45 ACP brass that have small pistol primer pockets? I picked up a few hundred brass with SPP pockets and would like to get a sense of whether this poses any problems. Thanks!

What is the head stamp? They might also be Winchester NT (Non Toxic) If so they will likely have a different size flash hole. Speer also makes some .45 brass that has SP pockets. Can you give more info about the brass?

Richard

NT or Speer's Clean-fire brass have small primer pockets.

I have reloaded them using small pistol primers, and they work just as well. You won't notice a difference.

I throw them out. I don't want to try to keep them separate from the large PP's. Get them accidentally mixed while you're loading and...

I found I had to be really careful to keep them separate while shooting, storing, loading... I'd find myself inspecting every case when loading which really slowed me down.

Brass is relatively cheap and it's not worth it to me, but it might be to everyone else. I'm speaking only for me.

$.02

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! Spawn of the devil (along with berdan primed
9mm).

I buy "mixed brass" for my 45's. I'll be cruisin' along loading up a few hundred
on my Dillon 550, and get one of the small pocket cases in the mix. CLUNK.
Really puts a kink in my normally happy mood.:)

I hear you. I'm really anal with all calibers. I buy only indoor range pickup, matched head stamps (except for LC 5.56 which you can tell is once fired by the crimp.)

I find that mixed brands of brass have different thicknesses of brass and therefore different inside volumes. The smaller the volume, the faster pressure builds, and the faster the bullet accelerates, and the rounds all chrony differently and they shoot to different points of aim.

Since I can reload brass several times, the cost per round is really cheap. Why bother with oddball stuff? Why not have matched speeds in fps and the same point of aim? :)

Just my $.02

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top