JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While picking up excess brass at the range i must of picked up some 45 acp Blazer brass that takes small pistol primer, didn't notice until i started reloading and realized they took small pistol instead of large pistol primers, what's up with this? has anybody else ran across this?:huh:

Steve,

Been reloading for 15 years and this is the first time i have found this. I think i will just sort them out and set them aside, just a soon stay with the standard.

Hey Steve - bought some of this brass when LPP's were a rare find locally. I checked this site to see if anyone could weigh in. Some of the sage advisors offered that loading these are fine with regular SPP's . However, I have been able to load up on LPP's since and never loaded any, though intend to change my press over to SPP for 9mm and will load a few to evaluate.

Hey Steve - bought some of this brass when LPP's were a rare find locally. I checked this site to see if anyone could weigh in. Some of the sage advisors offered that loading these are fine with regular SPP's . However, I have been able to load up on LPP's since and never loaded any, though intend to change my press over to SPP for 9mm and will load a few to evaluate.

You can have the ones i have if you want them.

There was a article in one of the recent gun mags about small primer .45 ACP cases. The author did a test on them. Pretty much the same as using a case with large primers. You would be just fine using them, but just like any other reloading project, it would be wise to start low and work up.

Winchester Non-Toxic (Win NT headstamp) also uses these. Typically, this is what happens when they are using lead free primers. I just reload them in the "let free" category as well, or use them when I'm shooting competition and there's some jerk who's pilfering all my good brass.

These things are a real PITA when using a dillon 1050, let me tell you. If you're not careful *KABOOOM*

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top