JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While picking up excess brass at the range i must of picked up some 45 acp Blazer brass that takes small pistol primer, didn't notice until i started reloading and realized they took small pistol instead of large pistol primers, what's up with this? has anybody else ran across this?:huh:

Steve,

Been reloading for 15 years and this is the first time i have found this. I think i will just sort them out and set them aside, just a soon stay with the standard.

Hey Steve - bought some of this brass when LPP's were a rare find locally. I checked this site to see if anyone could weigh in. Some of the sage advisors offered that loading these are fine with regular SPP's . However, I have been able to load up on LPP's since and never loaded any, though intend to change my press over to SPP for 9mm and will load a few to evaluate.

Hey Steve - bought some of this brass when LPP's were a rare find locally. I checked this site to see if anyone could weigh in. Some of the sage advisors offered that loading these are fine with regular SPP's . However, I have been able to load up on LPP's since and never loaded any, though intend to change my press over to SPP for 9mm and will load a few to evaluate.

You can have the ones i have if you want them.

There was a article in one of the recent gun mags about small primer .45 ACP cases. The author did a test on them. Pretty much the same as using a case with large primers. You would be just fine using them, but just like any other reloading project, it would be wise to start low and work up.

Winchester Non-Toxic (Win NT headstamp) also uses these. Typically, this is what happens when they are using lead free primers. I just reload them in the "let free" category as well, or use them when I'm shooting competition and there's some jerk who's pilfering all my good brass.

These things are a real PITA when using a dillon 1050, let me tell you. If you're not careful *KABOOOM*

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top