Southwest Firearms
Simply Triggers
HighLine Firearms
Sporting Systems
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
J&B Firearm Sales
Reactions
While picking up excess brass at the range i must of picked up some 45 acp Blazer brass that takes small pistol primer, didn't notice until i started reloading and realized they took small pistol instead of large pistol primers, what's up with this? has anybody else ran across this?:huh:

Steve,

Reactions
Been reloading for 15 years and this is the first time i have found this. I think i will just sort them out and set them aside, just a soon stay with the standard.

Reactions
Hey Steve - bought some of this brass when LPP's were a rare find locally. I checked this site to see if anyone could weigh in. Some of the sage advisors offered that loading these are fine with regular SPP's . However, I have been able to load up on LPP's since and never loaded any, though intend to change my press over to SPP for 9mm and will load a few to evaluate.

Reactions
Hey Steve - bought some of this brass when LPP's were a rare find locally. I checked this site to see if anyone could weigh in. Some of the sage advisors offered that loading these are fine with regular SPP's . However, I have been able to load up on LPP's since and never loaded any, though intend to change my press over to SPP for 9mm and will load a few to evaluate.

You can have the ones i have if you want them.

RVTECH

Reactions
Just discovered this myself a few months ago with Blazer 'brass' except it was with aluminum cases. Reloaded them for one time, light 'let fly' field shooting.

Reactions
Just discovered this myself a few months ago with Blazer 'brass' except it was with aluminum cases. Reloaded them for one time, light 'let fly' field shooting.

Reloading aluminum? How did that work for you?

There was a article in one of the recent gun mags about small primer .45 ACP cases. The author did a test on them. Pretty much the same as using a case with large primers. You would be just fine using them, but just like any other reloading project, it would be wise to start low and work up.

Reactions
I agree, use them, however, those who know me, realize, i just move to the other press.. both are set up. Change ( move) the Dillion head to the other press and good to go.. tahoo.

Reactions
Winchester Non-Toxic (Win NT headstamp) also uses these. Typically, this is what happens when they are using lead free primers. I just reload them in the "let free" category as well, or use them when I'm shooting competition and there's some jerk who's pilfering all my good brass.

These things are a real PITA when using a dillon 1050, let me tell you. If you're not careful *KABOOOM*

Sporting Systems
Southwest Firearms Forum
Project Appleseed
NW Custom Firearms
Cerberus Training Group
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Advertise on Northwest Firearms

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Top Bottom