JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up this hot rodded 45 ACP...Nickel caspian frame,Nickel Colt slide.
Has been converted to a tapper barrel instead of a barrel bushing... About the third mag it starts to stove pipe...A live one in the chamber,Spent one holding the slide open... Tried differen't ammo all new,No reloads,Tried differen't mags...New and used...
Any ideas
Thanks!

( ok....I'm nowhere near a 1911 "expert" )

But....have you tried more than one mag? ( and does it still do it? )

and if yes, take a look at the extractor, adjusting tension may work....

I would also suspect (insufficient) extractor tension. Strip the gun, and slide a loaded round up the breechface so it's hanging on the extractor hook. Tip and rotate the slide; the round should sag from gravity, but should not fall off. Do the same with an empty case. It should be held securely, and not move as the slide is moved. If your gun fails either test, then the extractor needs adjusting.

Thanks,
I took it apart,Then took two others apart to compare tension and extractor seemed to be much tighter than the others....I performed a bend job and Re-Assembled,Put five mags through it and it performed flawlessly...
Thanks Again

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top