Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.45 acp rifle

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Blowgunner, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Blowgunner

Blowgunner Tanasbourne Active Member

Been looking for a .45 acp rifle, like the Marlin Camp Carbine. Are there others similar to that out there?

2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

There is always the Thompson :)

3. drewp

drewp 503pdx Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I like my mac10 carbine.
    Olympic arms made a 45acp ar15
    Also hipoint 45 for cheap fun
    I think tnw makes an areo survival in 45...

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  4. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

The Areo takes standard Glock 45acp magazines, if that helps in the think about it process...

And is Oregon Made!!!!

It will be my next long gun, whenever I break from the IowesSoMuch...

Still paying off my daughters Extra school Debts... She has a MSW now... But no longer talks to me... Oh Well, her loss...

Money is cheap to replace...

philipINtheBoonDocks

5. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

etrain16 likes this.
  6. Blowgunner

Yeah, I've seen those. Looking for more of a classic look. Wood furniture.

7. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Wood furniture like this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=29292&stc=1&d=1425945424.jpg

FYI, this is a M10-45 full auto. Most people would call it a MAC10. No, it isn't mine.

8. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

There was a Mauser for sell in the classifieds a few months ago that was .45 ACP. I thought the price was a bit high, but I don't know, it's a market I am just not in.

9. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

10. Blowgunner

That is too cool! Too rich for my blood, but I'd love to shoot it.

11. drewp

drewp 503pdx Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There is a fellow selling a mauser thats been modified to .45 and takes 1911 mags...he has an ad on armslist or here

12. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I have an AR-45 carbine. The upper was made by Olympic Arms but at the time I built it, the company was known as SGW. That was back in the 90's. I love that carbine and will never get rid of it. It has brought home a few trophies. I went one step farther. I did not want to be limited to only 16 rounds from an UZI mag. So I peeled off the side of a grease gun mag and slightly opened up the mag well to allow it to fit. Now I have a 30 round mage for my carbine.
    As far as another carbine. I have a real IMI, stamped .45acp Uzi carbine. Because of it's value and rarity I don't shoot it a bunch. Every once and awhile I will run a mag threw it.
    If you can find one. Up here in Auburn Washington for just a few short years, there was a manufacturer that made a .45acp carbine called D-Max. I had one and am kicking myself for years when I got rid of it. Luckily a couple of years ago I found a D-Max in 10mm. Very close to .45acp. I will NEVER get rid of this one. It has a side mounted mag so the 30 round grease gun mag does not interfere when you shoot it prone. It was designed by a former LEO. It uses a Sten or Sterling type round bolt and AK trigger parts. The value to me is that it was made right here at my back door in Auburn Washington. I have pictures of my D-Max and will post them when I have some more time.
    Recently I have picked up the most modern .45acp carbine you can get. I have a Kriss Vector carbine that I am very much in love with. It also takes standard Glock 21 mags. With the Kriss mag extension you can have 30 round mags. Everytime I pick it up, I need a towel........lol

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  13. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

14. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Thank you for posting that info. Yes that is a picture of my D-Max. They were made in Auburn Washington between 1987 and 1993. I love that carbine. I do not know who PGW is and if they are manufacturing the carbine as we speak. If they are it is new news to me.

15. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

Love my Beretta CX4. Mine is 9mm, but they make it in .45 as well. The designer also designed a couple of Ferraris ;-) Mine is undergoing a face lift as we speak. Will post pictures in a few weeks.

16. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  17. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I've got a Mech-Tech upper on a Glock 21 frame, and it's totally reliable, like a blowback action ought to be. After I got it, TNW came out with their ASR .45 carbine, and I'd probably have bought that one if I had it to do over again. It's pricey, but my FFL says it's worth it.
    http://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p/asrx-cplt-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.htm

Still, with the custom-fitted Uzi folding stock and threaded muzzle, I've got no complaints about my Mech-Tech. It's nice that you can just order it and have it dropped off at your door, since the upper on a Glock isn't the "gun."

Here she is, with an ATI reddot and Osprey can:
    0832cc.jpg
    The folding front grip that covers the trigger is the only safety it has, which is okie-dokie with ATF provided you don't leave it on when the frame is switched back to the pistol upper.

0832cc.jpg

18. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

@chemist - who did the threading for you? I've been looking at getting one of these myself, but noticed that MechTech doesn't offer threading. Was that done locally? If so, by whom?

19. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Where you at, etrain16?
    Both TNW and my all-time favorite FFL are up in Vernonia:
    http://www.tnwfirearms.com/
    http://www.orl-llc.com/
    Mr. Patrick Murphy at ORL-LLC is a 2A true believer, who isn't into maximizing his short-term profit. I'm a fan!
    If you need work done, Patrick will either do it in his shop or hook you up with someone who can.

20. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Tom Denall did the threading on mine and did a great job, highly recommended.