JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am looking to do some experimenting and am looking for a decent pistol in 45 ACP. I need it to be a 6" barrel (7" would be perfect!). I'd prefer a metal frame. (I know, I know.... an AMT HARDBALLER LONGSLIDE would be perfect :D).

I don't want junk and am not looking for Kimber cutesy. I need something that will withstand experimental loads in the 45 SUPER (and into a 45 SUPER + range). I am guessing that I will be experimenting somewhere in the 39,000 - 45,000 CUP areas. Maybe a tad higher?).

Needless to say, when I get to my goal I am expecting a failure. I HOPE that it doesn't happen, but if it does I don't want it to happen to a "fairly decent" firearm.

I also know "you get what you pay for".

Not looking to spend a bunch of $$$. I am hoping someone has a "decent old" Colt, Smith, Remington, Taurus, et al. in the back of their safe that they wouldn't mind letting go for a decent price. That being said, no pot-metal frames either. Heck I'd even consider polymer, like a G41 if I could get a 6" barrel on it safely and reliably.

Let me know what you got and what you want for it. Thanks!

(NOTE: wpeteman, I know you got a WTB thread going too, and I don't want to hi-jack it. I am just in need of a 45 acp too. Except I have a little more specific needs/wants.)

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top