1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

.45 ACP Match brass?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Crispy, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Crispy

Crispy WA Member

A friend of mine has a few hundred .45 ACP brass marked MATCH. Anyone have any input on what the stuff might have come from? Is it anything special? Thanks for any input!
  2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I got some when a buddy gave me about 6,000 1 x .45 brass he didn't want, in a huge box. It's not worth any more than regular commercial brass, IMO. His G-dad was a match shooter but he used all sorts of .45 brass, maybe 400 of them were MATCH headstamped
  3. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Match grade ammo, is usually found with military ammo.. It is used in ther marksman program.. Also many a fine shooter may find some when their sponsor is furnishing the ammo.

Reloading match grade ammo, usually, unless you are a match grade reloader..ie: specificially weighing each piece of brass, powder and bullet and reducing the varialtions down to no more that .01gr in powder,.02 in bullet and brass and using match grade primers.. then you can see a tightning up of your shooting groups, all else staying the same.
    For shooter rocks, cans, paper targets, and every day practice, not my cup of relaoding..to much time, work and trouble for the last inch.. just my .02c