JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In about 1980 or 81 I purchased a Springfield trap door from a avid local collector. He thought it might be a long range which would be quite valuable, he paid 200 for it. When he got it home he measured the chamber and found it to be a common infantry rifle,it was in very nice condition. He wanted his 200 back so he sold it to me. After I bought it he said oh by the way It had been carried to the Alaska gold rush. There was a knock on the door in the middle of the night the rifle owner picked up his gun as soon as the door swung open the caller fired from the hip, his bullet loged in the bottom side of the hand of the stock the rifle man steped back as he lowered the muzzle and told the man to leave. If you gently probe it feels like a soft lead bullet a short way in. The hole is clean and round and has a ring of blackpowder residue arond it it did not keep the gun from being fully useable. the gun was very dark almost black. I will run this agin next year if I do not hear from anyone and after that this story will be lost as I did not tell it to the man I sold it to forgot, and I just wanted to pass it along,I have not seen it since the early 80s.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top