Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

44spl Reloading supplies

Discussion in 'Ammunition Wanted' started by feetchermancj, Dec 14, 2012.

1. feetchermancj

feetchermancj Central Oregon Member

In a few months I will be turning 21, so for my birthday I'm getting myself a 44spl for my backpacking/trail gun. I know 44spl is an expensive round and not as available, so thats why I'm getting into reloading. I have a single stage press and a set of 44spl dies. I'm looking for other reloading supplies such as, brass tumbler, scale, bullet puller, ect. I'm looking for 44spl specific stuff like a shell holder that will work with a lee press. Thanks.

2. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

I don't know about Central Oregon, but Reloading supplies are hard to come by in the stores. I got most of my stuff online. Go with the 44 magnum, and have the best of both worlds.

3. feetchermancj

The reason I'm going 44spl over mag is because of weight. I'm getting the charter arms 4" target which weighs 26oz. I couldn't find a 44mag anywhere close to that. Otherwise I would get a mag. And the wholesale sports here has a big reloading section too.

4. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

Dang that's light! My Super Blackhawk weighs 4#'s, but it's a hoot to shoot!

Squidly and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Squidly

Squidly Sandy Active Member

My Super Redhawk is boat anchor and I love it likewise. No round too hot.

6. feetchermancj

You guys have got to remember that this is going to be my backpacking gun. If it wasn't going to be on my hip for miles in the backcountry I would go with a Super Blackhawk or Super Redhawk. This gun is strictly for backpacking and hiking.

7. ruger45blackhawk

ruger45blackhawk milwaukie Active Member

Go to midway usa and find the stuff you need! Coupons right now for Christmas time.