JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone in the Boring/Sandy area have a 44Mag revolver that I can try? I am willing to buy ammo and meet at one of the shooting spots.

I've shot 357mag before with no issue, but would like to see if I can handle 44Mag -- looking at buying one for use as my "woods" gun, but not if I can't control one.

Thanks!

I'm on the other end of the state, or else I'd let you shoot either of mine.

Unless you plan on buying one of the S&W or taurus ultralights, then .44mag isn't a whole lot worse than .357, assuming you're not shooting buffalo bore or something.

Any steel frame .44 with factory ammo (other than maybe the BB or doubletap) will be controllable if you can control .357. The hot ammo isn't necessary anyway, unless you plan on going to Alaska...or if you're just a masochist.

I'm a 150lb weakling, and I've never had problems controlling it. The recoil does bother my tendonitis though, but even 9mm and .40 does, so that's not saying much.

I normally shoot lighter loads for target practice with my .44
My friend reloads them and recoil is much like a 9mm.

On the other hand, I use a 240 grain bullet with a hotter load for hunter. Recoil is noticable, but managable. Not too much more than a .357.

I was able to borrow one from a very nice member on this forum - took it out today with my "ear protection camera" and it was very nice. LINK

Also - you don't see eye protection in the video, but after I put my ear protection on I but my glasses on.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top