JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't shot the Taurus, DW or S&W, but have shot both the Super Redhawk and Super Blackhawk.

The Super Redhawk fit in my hand better and recoil seemed to be less which may be just me, however with the frame being heavier and the larger grip it seems to make sense.

The Super Blackhawk was nice, however was not as quite as comfortable for me. However that didn't stop me from buying a blackhawk in 45LC :) As many have said one advantage is I can load up somewhat hotter loads and have not had any issues.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck I am sure you will be happy with whatever you go with.
Take a good look at what is said above. Not just for the brand but also the caliber. I used to own a Blackhawk .44 but sold it and replaced it with a Redhawk 45LC. Reason: The .45LC can be loaded light and is more fun to shoot than the .44Mag, but it can also be loaded hotter and more potent than the .44 <--- This last part though is why a Ruger (over S&W) is necessary - for strength. Lastly (personal preference of course), I am not a fan of the Super Red Hawk because I don't like to put scopes on my handguns so it is Redhawk for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top