JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Location, location, location

He-s-Right.png

Exactly. And, he actually took multiple hits/shots.

Aloha, Mark

My Father-in-Law took Three Rounds of .50BMG in his chest early on during WW-2 and the Amazing Part was he was Treated and Survived in a German POW Camp. He later left and returned to his Homeland across the North Sea during Winter in a Row Boat! He Left with 2 others but ONLY one survived. It cost him a Lung, he was a tough Gentleman and I miss him VERY Much, even today!

I'm careful what I load for my 29 Smiths as far as not going heavy to take it easy on them. The Ruger Super Blackhawk on the other hand will eat anything and gets used a lot more.

I'm careful what I load for my 29 Smiths as far as not going heavy to take it easy on them. The Ruger Super Blackhawk on the other hand will eat anything and gets used a lot more.

I have shot some pretty heavy loads from my 329 - not fun, but it didn't blow up. That said, not something I would make a habit of doing - not only is it not good on my hands, but it probably isn't good on a scandium revolver either.

If I have the occasion to need to visit grizzly territory again then I may carry heavy loads in it, but for now, only .44 Special loads which will be easier on my hands and the gun.

I'm not worried about the 29's blowing up, it's more just that the Blackhawks are tougher and we shoot a lot of 44 magnum. I like them all, but the Smiths are the favorite and there's concern about longevity with heavy use. Heavy use goes to Ruger

For a very short time Ruger made the Redhawk in .357 Magnum with a 5-1/2" Barrel . While it was overkill for the .357 it sure made for a Very Sweet handling piece of hardware.

Used to live in Wyoming and carry a 5" 629. I had a 300gr hard cast load for bears, and a 180gr XTP load for everything else, with a near max charge of Tite Group. The latter was quite shootable but still went 1350fps IIRC.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top