JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For revolver accuracy, and some reasonable prices, try a Dan Wesson 44. For an absolute blast, try a Desert Eagle-I had mine (Mag-na) ported to control muzzle rise, and it is fun!

i personally love my S&W 629 Classic with the 5" tube. to me its the perfect balance of barrel and weight. of course its the Pre IL version.

you cant go wrong with Rugers either. Dont know much about Taurus tho. DW are suppose to be good. I like my Anaconda too, but its out of your price range.

Go with the Rugers. They are virtually indestructible. You can shoot handloads out of them that will break Colts and Smiths. I carry a Redhawk in the woods. Love it, and it shoots just about any bullet well. I have taken a deer and an elk with mine. Next is a bear.

Do some research on the Dan Wesson. Super accurate and strong. Do a Google or search THR etc and you'll find plenty of info. You can get one for 500 and it has to be the best deal around.

Go with the Rugers. They are virtually indestructible. You can shoot handloads out of them that will break Colts and Smiths.

As long as your desire is to carry a gun that's 50% heavier and bulkier, and shoot loads are way past SAAMI "safe" levels. otherwise, consider whatever brand you like...

ad_686vsgp100.jpg

does it have to be a double action? my favorite 44s are the old model ruger super blackhawks. I don't mind the new models either. I got a 4 5/8" SS new model that's just a sweetheart to shoot.

i thought i might like the taurus tracker, sell for low 400's and seems nice, wat do u guys have and like or possibly have and might wanna sell?

Shane
hey the others are right dan wesson would be my first choice. but they are getting hard to find rugers are really tough and good shooters havent shot the smith yet be careful with the smith some cant handle the hot loads.

I prefer the Ruger Super RedHawk "Alaskan"..."Ted Blocker Holsters" makes a "sweet" highride holster for concealed carry that is second to none...From the "Downtown" streets of "Portland" to the "Brooks Range" of Alaska, nothing in my book compares to "Alaskan 44Mag"

I prefer the Ruger Super RedHawk "Alaskan"..."Ted Blocker Holsters" makes a "sweet" highride holster for concealed carry that is second to none...From the "Downtown" streets of "Portland" to the "Brooks Range" of Alaska, nothing in my book compares to "Alaskan 44Mag"

Is 44Mag a pretty good caliber for use against black bear? What about Grizzlies?
And how much does something like a used S&W Model 29 cost?

If I was strolling through Griz country, No HAND gun would be my bear gun.maybe something like a marlin guide gun, in 45/70 shooting a heavy hard cast load.

I'm not sure if it is still on YouTube, but they had a pretty good action shot of a fisherman with a chest holder rig basically turn and fire at a charging mama grizzly and bring it down with one shot...Black Bear no problem...Remember Davy Crocket "kilt" a bare' when he was only 3...

A Redhawk is an excellent choice. I shoot one and love it. The nice thing about Rugers, is that the cylinders are longer, so if you reload, and want to use 300 gr. bullets, you can seat them out where they belong, and not compromise powder space. Mine will not fit in a S&W, to long for the cylinder.

Plus, Rugers are almost indestructable.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top