JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have a 44 mag. i wont to put a scope on it, was looking at the Leopold FX-II Handgun 2x20mm but have herd that a dot sight or holographic sight may be better for hunting. i will be hunting pig/deer mostly woods probably 60-70 yds max any handgun hunters out there that wont's to give there opinion on any scope ill be happy to hear about it

I've been researching handgun scopes for my .454 and I settled on the Nikon Force EER 2.5-8x. It had best eye relief and is rated to 460SW. They make a 2x20 but for less than $100 price difference you could get the variable.

With Midways coupon you can get the Force for $265. I couldn't find anything less expensive on ebay that wasn't nstar.

I have a nikon monarch fixed 2x on my redhawk hunter. I am happy with it. I shot a doe and a 5x6 bull with it this year. Unless you are bench/target shooting I would'nt get a variable power scope. I have owned an aimpoint comp m4 but I would'nt mount it on a pistol for hunting and I don't think a holographic would hold up at least in conditions I was hunting in (and don't forget about the vast holster options for a magnum revolver w/ a holo sight). I had my holster hang up twice (turned upside down) while crawling up a mud embankment and the blackberry bushes unsnap my holster all at the same time to leave my 44mag tumbling 15 feet down mud and rocks into a creek bottom under 4-6" of water. I'm not proud to admit it but $hit happens and after it did I cleaned the lenses with my t-shirt and kept hunting wondering if the only 6 rounds I had which were in the chamber were going to fire after being submerged. I think I will wear the belt loops on my shoulder holster next year. I learned a lot this being my first year handgun hunting.

Made for .44 magnum handguns:

Pride Fowler Rapid Reticle Heavy Duty Pistol Scope 1.25-4x 28mm 44 Remington Magnum Rapid Reticle Silver

Pride Fowler Rapid Reticle Heavy Duty Pistol Scope 1.25-4x 28mm 44

SW460XVR.jpg

SW460XVR.jpg