.44 mag lever action

Unicykle

Reactions
Had a Winchester 44 mag and totally regret selling it, it would jam now and then if you didnt rack it substancialy but i took it to shooter service and had them do the action and feed ramp and it was beautiful after that. Buddy has a break down co pilot in 457 mag and that thing rocks but are pretty darn pricey

dobeman

Reactions
don't know about the best or anything - I picked up a Henry 44 mag lever earlier this year. the blue, wood one. very well built and classy looking. not a unclassy way at all to deliver a 300 grain projectile.

RVTECH

Reactions
very well built and classy looking. not a unclassy way at all to deliver a 300 grain projectile.
Yes they are.

For whatever reasons Henry has it's fans and detractors. I was initially apprehensive but then after looking at, and handling a few began to warm up to the idea of owning one - and after years of owning a problematic WInchester 94 AE Trapper I had been thinking of something else in a .357.

I had been looking for a JM Marlin in .357 but one day found a Henry in my local Bi Mart and after a lengthy inspection I bought it.

Fit and finish is excellent - more like that of a higher grade rifle than production. Action very good as well but I knew a good cleaning and smoothing of the internals would improve it.

Bottom line is I like it very much and it performed better than I expected. Hey, it has a couple minor issues I would change if I were in the driver's seat of Henry (and some have been) but overall no complaints.

Some describe them with serious vitriol, calling them junk but that is hardly the case. I have looked at other new guns with names that have been around a while that don't come anywhere near the quality of a Henry.

Reactions
I got a Marlin 1894 in 44 mag few years ago, no regrets. This rifle is very dissimilar from my 2008 Remington 870. Where the 870 is rough, the Marlin is smooth; where the 870 has a crappy rusting finish, the Marlin has a nice deep blue. Maybe by 2018 they had figured out how not to suck again, maybe I got lucky.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom