JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey All, I bought a Desert Eagle full size .44 Mag and it has always jammed!
I bought it brand new and have had the problem from day one, I have taken it to the range several times and verified that I am NOT limp-wristing and it is not the magazine or the extractor. I have also tried, Remmington, Federal, Winchester and Hornady ammo and it does not like any brand more than the other.

I am NOT a gunsmith but when I completely strip it down it looks like the feed ramp could be polished?:confused:

If anybody knows someone in the Oregon City area who is a gunsmith or has any information on this issue or could point me in the right direction, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have heard that when these guns work well they are a blast to shoot!:s0155:
Thanks for your help!

When you pull the slide back to chamber a round, it pushes it to the right of the barrel.
also when hand load it and fire it will not eject the spent shell without jamming. And yes the slide does not close all the way.

I suspect that you have a combination of a bad mag and a bad extrator. The mag feeds the round in a straight line to the chamber. If it goes to the right then feed lips are suspect. If the round won't eject as described then the extractor has issues as is isn't grabbing the rim.

Do you have more than one mag and does it do it on all mags?

jj

I suspect that you have a combination of a bad mag and a bad extrator. The mag feeds the round in a straight line to the chamber. If it goes to the right then feed lips are suspect. If the round won't eject as described then the extractor has issues as is isn't grabbing the rim.

Do you have more than one mag and does it do it on all mags?

jj

Yes it does it on all mags, I have 3 of them, and it will grab the spent casing rim firmly but does not kick it out due to the new round misfeeding.

I have a .44 Mag Desert Eagle also and have had very bad jamming problems also. I had the main springs in mine changed, then later was told that they were made too strong to begin with. I was just curious were you ever able to solve your problems with jamming. It just seems like if we can put a man on the moon there must be a way to fix this.

Thank you,

Kevin

P.s. i was also looking at your post heading about places to shoot in our area. I didn't open the thread yet but I will. I would just like to be able to find some places to shoot near me. I am about 15 miles east of Salem.

Thanks again

E0462BDF-B978-4340-B2CD-0B831C31656C.jpeg

necro
  • v.
    To make a new post to a forum discussion that has been dormant for a long time, making the thread visible in the list of active topics; to bump.
Let's stay away from the personal barbs, Please review forum rules and pay particular attention to rule #1.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top