Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

.410 Shotgun

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Bovaloe, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Bovaloe

Bovaloe Ellensburg, WA Member

A friend of mine has an old bolt-action .410 shotgun he got from a family member a long time back. Its a J.C. Higgins Model 101.25 Sears & Roebuck Co.
    Its missing the magazine tube, just has a hole in the stock that if youre not careful loading it the shell will fall out.
    Does anyone have any info on these shotguns? Maybe where he could pick up a magazine tube for a decent price?

2. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

According to my old Gun Parts Catalog (Numrich Arms) that shotgun was made by Stevens as their models 39A, and 59A,B,C. My catalog is not current but does have a full blowup of the shotgun along with a complete parts list. You can find them at www.gunpartscorp.com

3. HalfNutz

HalfNutz Kirkland (Juanita) Member

Be careful. I had a J.C HigginsSears 12ga bolt action that was recalled. It was reported that the bolt would fail and shoot straight back into the shooter's face.

Check for recalls.