JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's always good to think about your neighbors and over penetration. A single shot 410 makes a nice club after you miss with that first shot though. If you want to go 410, get a Taurus Judge. Then you get 5 rounds of 410 to take care of business (or 45 Long Colt). If you miss with five rounds, then you could always go NY style and just stab the bad guy in the neck with a fork.

What does anybody think of having a single shot 410 as home defense? I live in a small apartment and I don't think I should be barking off a 9mm, 40sw, 30-30,22, 45-70, 30-06.
It's like Andy is always saying, If .410 is all you have to defend yourself, that doesn't mean you have to curl up into the fetal position and wait for the inevitable......go ahead and use it.....its O-K....We'll let you. ;)
Seriously, if its all you got, then its what you have and that will work.

Dean

Im no big-time four-tenner, but judging from what I saw during my youthful small-game hunting and "practice" with my buds in rural-ish Michigan, I would bet that even a game-load of #6 from a .410 in torso or face at household range would put a stop to aggressive activity by the shot-ee. And if a .410 single was all I had... I would defend myself and feel lucky to have it. Some guys bitd used .410 slugs for close-in whitetails. Dunno if deer slugs are even available for it anymore.

Im no big-time four-tenner, but judging from what I saw during my youthful small-game hunting and "practice" with my buds in rural-ish Michigan, I would bet that even a game-load of #6 from a .410 in torso or face at household range would put a stop to aggressive activity by the shot-ee. And if a .410 single was all I had... I would defend myself and feel lucky to have it. Some guys bitd used .410 slugs for close-in whitetails. Dunno if deer slugs are even available for it anymore.
You bet your bippy they are!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews