JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I have done this with 44 and 45lc.....
you go old school and use an over powder wad/card/hat felt over a light charge, fill with shot like #9 or #12 if you can source some then an over shot card, then use the roll crimp feature to hold it all together. slow process!

read up on reloading brass shotgun shells and their process. you can often use an empty to cut cereal box wad cards and old felt hats make great over powder wads/cards.

Any suggestion for hand loading 41 mag for snake shot?
I make a lot of them in .38 and .357. They aren't difficult, just labor intense. Super handy for shooting critters in the barn without making holes in the wall or your neighbor:p.

For .357 I use...

Primed and sized case; 5.3 grains hp-38; an over powder card cut with an unsized 38 case with a sharpened mouth i seat it with the eraser end of a pencil; shot of choice (I can't remember the weight of shot but it isn't critical--load the case to 1/8" to 1/16" from the mouth); put another card over the shot and crimp the bejesus out of it. I like to seal the over shot card with some tight bond 2 wood glue it keeps everything together while shooting. and then put a dab of soft bullet lube over the top to keep the leading down.

Outside of a little more powder and a little more shot I can't imagine the .41 would be much different. I'd suggest using faster/easy to ignite powders. These are super low pressure loads since you aren't driving a solid bullet. I even use mixed gun club reclaimed shot in these loads. It'll drop a rat or gopher right now at 10-12 feet.

Making shot cartridges for a wheel gun is easy. Making them for an autoloader takes some thinking.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top